Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Faithful Provider

Well I am about three weeks away from my trip which is pretty surreal to me. It seems like I have been praying for, talking about and fundraising for this trip for so long that it is crazy that it is really just about here. The Lord has been so faithful in providing for Australia and I have gotten to just see His hand all over so many situations in this process. I have learned so much about trusting Him as my provider. In these last two to three weeks I have about $950 to go until I have reached the total amount needed for this trip. There have been several fees added on to my trip total over the past several weeks which incude: shuttle transportation to and from the airport to TeenMania, going down two days early to train to be a group leader, and a fuel surcharge for flying internationally. These expenses were not initially includd in the base cost ofmy trip so I have a buit more fundraising to do to get the rest of this money in a short amount of time, but I know the Lord is big enough to provide. I just look at what has already been contributed and am completely blown away by Him. I am so blessed to literally be surrounded by this community of believers who love the Lord and love to give!

In addition to sending out a few more support letters, I am planning several car washes on May 29th and June 5th. If anyone is interested in helping out or more information about this please let me know.

I also found out a little bit about my team. As of right now there are only five other people ticketed (plane tiket is bought) to go to Australia. The deadline for this has long passed, however there is a chance more will be coming. This has been a little confusing because as of now, there are 23 of us signed up to go on this trip, but only six of us are locked in. So I really have no idea how many will end up coming, but I know the Lord has it figured out and He knows exactly who He wants on this trip and I am excited to get to meet these people and spend this month serving and learning with them.

Also, a HUGE thank you to Nancy Alcorn and Mercy Ministries for supporting as a Mercy grad on this trip as well!

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing. And you are to love those who are aliens, for you yourselves were aliens in Egypt. deut. 10:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment