Sunday, May 29, 2011

This Crazy Life...

Well, I fail at blogging lately! What can I say? Things have been crazy and busy as usual. I finished out my Sophmore year at THE U of A and headed home to the Lou for the summer. More to come on summer plans soon (and I promise I will be intentional about writing regularly though the summer!). I actually booked it home after finishing up school only to jump on a plane bound for Roanoke, VA to visit my bestest friend Lesley. Initially, the plan was to just go hang with her in the montains for a couple weeks during this free time between school and work since we will be apart all summer as she continues to work in Blacksburg and head overseas later in the summer, and I am all alone in the Lou. :)

But just a couple weeks before heading up there, I got one of her wacky phone calls. I always know I really don't have a choice in the matter whenever the phone call starts off with Les saying, "Okay, so this is kind of random and you really don't have to say yes to this but I just wanted to run it by you..." By then she already has me roped in of course! Anyhow, she proposed us participating in this crazzzzy cross-country roadtrip with her two sweet friends who she met through interantional ministry at Virginia Tech. They are both grad students studying in VA from Germany. Les went on to explain to me how they fly back to Germany from California so the plan is to roadtrip across the country in about a month since they fly out from there anyway...just a few days later I had gotten the go-ahead from mom and the plans were begining to take form! I would spend a week with Les and then we jump in the car and begin this once in a lifetime adventure! I would only go as far as St. Louis, where they would leave me and continue on to CA.

On May 18th, a few days earlier then planned, we piled us and all of our stuff into Rita (the car) and began our drive across country. Frist stop: Pittsburg! We really just hung out in the city and were total tourists! We walked around a quaint upper street that overlooked the whole city. We ate ice cream for dinner and peanutbutter for desert. After trecking through the city for awhile, we decided to pile back into Rita and continue on northbound before we called it a night. We ended up calling a bunch of cheap hotels in our coupon book in desperate search of a hot tub or pool.We finally found one about an hour and a half outside of Pittsburg. The "hot tub" was more like a glorified bath tub. The yellow-tint of the water (which we had to fill up ourselves) was just too much for me. The three of them piled in while I sat on the edge, hesitant to even dangle my feet in too far. We played a little banangrams and slept sooooo good that night. The next morning we piled back into Rita and headed for Niagra Falls. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment