Sunday, November 21, 2010

Twenty Years Down...By the Grace of God

Last week I celebrated my 20th birthday...that sounds so surreal to me...20! I feel SO old! And yet so young and inexperienced all at once. As I sat on that night reflecting upon the goodness and faithfulness of God in my life, I realized what an incredible gift life really is. Two birthdays ago, I didnt want to live to see what the year held. Last birthday I was walking in freedom to an extent, but looking back I had not even tasted true and lasting freedom yet. This year, I am so far from perfect and yet I see the strength of my sinless Savior shining through in every single moment my weakness just like the Word talks about in 2 Corinthians 12:9. Mostly, I just am looking forward to being able to sit here next year and say I didnt have any idea how faithful and sovereign and good God was in my life today...what an unfathomable gift it is that we get to continue growing and learning and falling more in love with Him everyday. That is worth living for. That is what I love for. Thank you Jesus, for sustaining me through 20 years of life. Even when I turned my back on you, determined to do it on my own, consumed by worldliness, deceived by lies, cornered by the enemy, blinded by selfishness, covered in pride. Yet STILL YOU LOVED ME! What a love that is...I will never begin to wrap my mind around it!

Life is hard and full of hurt and heartache...living on this earth will never yield the fullness of life we truly long for, and yet He is the Faithful ONE through it all! Praise God!

I got to celebrate this year in Fayetteville with my sweet roomates and boyfriend. Justin came in town for the weekend which was so fun and sweet time together! We went out to dinner and spent time just catching up and talking about life and Jesus...oh how I love to talk...:)
Justin also officailly became a razorback...shirt and all! We got to go to our last home game on Saturday which was FREEZING! We made it til half time though.

I am so blessed to live with three precious girls who have really become like sisters to me...again the faithfulness and sovereignty of God! What a gift it was to get spend time with them as well...we all went out to a delicious brunch on Saturday!

And eventhough I was away from home for my first bday ever, I felt so loved and blessed from phone calls and cards! Thanks for making my day special!
I am so abundatnly blessed and have great expectancy for all the Lord is going to continue to do over this next year! All I know, is that at the end of the day, I am just a broken sinner in desperate need of my Lord and Savior. Apart from Him, I am nothing! But praise God He is faithful to complete the good work He has begun in my life!



delicous Trader Joes BirthdayBrownie from my sweet sisters Age n Ash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment