Friday, December 24, 2010

Beautiful Sisters

I am so incredibly blessed to have three beautiful sisters. One by birth and two by marriage, all three of them have really only been apart of my life for four years now, and yet I feel as if I've been close to them my entire life. I have never felt so much love. There really is nothing in the world like a sister. The bond you share within such a realtionship simply does not compare to anything else. A sister is like a best friend for life...through the good and the bad. My sisters have truly walked with me through it all and for that I am so incredibly grateful. God has used them in my life to teach me and guide me in countless decisions and ways. I will never understand the perfection of His timing and simply His sovereign will--He is so gracious! I have never experiened the love of Christ modeled before me more then through these three precious women. In fact, if it were not for them coming into my life five years ago and essentially taking me in and just loving the heck out of me when I felt unlovable, I would not know Jesus today...I probably wouldnt be alive today. Praise God for His sovereign will and timing...and for His unfathomable love, first modeled to me by these beautiful women whom I am beyond blessed to call my sisters.

2006


2007


2008


2009


2010

Every Christmas Eve we take a sister picture...this is one of my most precious moments every year. Tonight we took our fifth picture together...crazy that it has already been five years, yet at the same time it feels like a lifetime. As I look back through each of these images, my mind floods with recollections of what was going on in my own life and the role my sisters played in that as the years progressed. Some of these images bring great joy to my heart, others I see the hopelessness and deep pain which consumed my life. But this year as I sit and look at this sister picture, tears pour forth from my eyes as my heart is overwhelming thankful for these three incredible women in my life, three women the Lord has given to me to call sisters. They have walked with me through a lot the past years, and I am excited to see all God has in store for the next five! What a blessed girl I am to get to walk through life with these three women by my side! I love you Angel, Meg and Cindy. Thank you for loving me when I was unlovable. Thank you for walking through what seemed like hell with me. Thank you for just loving the heck out of me...for never leaving my side. Thanks for loving me like Jesus to the point where I finally realized He was my only hope. Thank you for spurring me along in my walk, for teaching me about Gods Word and taking me to church with you this very night, five years ago. Obviously, my life will never be the same. He who began this good work in me in faithful to bring it to completion...in all of us! I love you with all of my heart and you three are truly one of the greatest gifts in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment