Monday, April 11, 2011

A Little Break

Well an overwhelmingly challenging and difficult week came to a conclusion with a of the spur of the moment roadtrip to Springfield with the precious Herron family. Upon arrival I got to enjoy a delicious dinner with all the King family and thier spouses. Of course a hug from my big sis Ash always makes things just a little a better! :) So blessed by challenging and encouraging conversations with Al and Scott on the road too!

While they went to a wedding, I got to spend some sweet and much needed time with my sweet friend Julie who is at MSU. We spent the night in the one and only blue house with girls who are in Lightbearers, the same discipleship program I am in down here in Fayetteville. We stayed up WAY too late having some intense and challenging conversations, and while I missed out on some precious sleep I am soooo greateful for the conversations had and the time I got to spend with these girls. Before I even arrived Julie and I agreed we HAD to knock out a TON of homework....of course that didn't happen but that's okay.

Instead, we served at a local food bank that provides meals for kids in poverty inflicted countries where many are starving. The meals consisted of these bags which we filled with rice, soy, beans, and dried veggies, a combination which had proven incredibly sucessful in the rehabilitation and re-feeding of these malnourished populations. The nutritionists who get to come up with these types of formulas are so interesting to me...who knows maybe part of a career path for me one day! After this we walked (yes, no car to get around in...what a concept!) to lunch at a fun little restaurant. Then we went back in attempt to get all that homework done, but after about an hour both of us found ourselves laying in Julie's little twin bed exahusted from our nearly all-nighter. Oh and might I add, that no nap would be complete without Julie pouring water into my ear and hair prior to sleeping simply because I didn't want her nutso alarm to wake me up!
Anyhow, once we finally did wake up a couple hours later, we had dinner in a dining hall...really got the full out college experience! Then we both realized the homework thing just wasn't gunna happen so we got a very special tour of campus from the one and only Claire and then we had a photoshoot on campus until my camera decided to die...of couse right when I'm about to take a picture of us breaking the rules and going into the fountain on campus!!! Oh well. We had so much fun just goofying off and talking about life. I havn't laughed so much in quite a long time. A much needed break, that is for sure. So thankful for my sweet friend Julie for letting me come hang and just for being such an encouragement to me!

Here are a few pics from the weekend....










Sweet Friend so wonderful to spend a weekend with you!!!

1 comment:

  1. gotta love a good broken rule now and then! love you girl!

    ReplyDelete