Sunday, September 5, 2010

Life in Fayetteville

Well, I am finally begining to get into a sort of routine here in Fayetteville. Classes are great and I still have a lot of down time during the week which has been a huge blessing to get to spend some extra time in the Word and just trying to get ahead in my online classes. This past week I interviewed for two incredible job oppurtunities and am just praying about which to take and waiting to hear a few details from each. Both of them are totally God-ordained and I am so excieted! More to come about that :)

One really crazy thing about being here is the wide array of ministry oppurtunities between campus ministries as well as ministry at the new church I have plugged into called New Heights. I have a tendancy to want to be apart of everything and give all I have and just have a huge heart to learn ad serve which is such a blessing o course, but it also is an easy way for me to over-committ to too much and spread myself so thin that I am really not conributing to any one ministry effectively but just sort of bouncing aound from one to the next. In order to prevent this, I decided early on I would have to really listen to the Lord in what specific ministries He was calling me to. Thanks to the wisdom of one of my roomates, I sat down and made a list of every oppurtunity ministry-wise that I was intersted in. I also spent a few days last week meeting with the leadership of two on campus ministries, one church ministry, and one other random ministry. After a lot of prayer and direction from the Lord, I have decided to committ to two different ministries this week. The first is through my church, New Heights, and it is called Potter's House. It is baiscally a ministry to under-privaliged inner-city youth of Fayetteville. Specifically, I will be helping to tudor several kids during the week as well as getting to spend one-on-one time outside of Potter's House with a couple girls and am praying more about leading a small group of Potter's House girls every sunday afternoon. This is an incredibible ministry with a vision to see these kids that come from messed up homes with a lot of odds against them come to know Christ and through that hope and guidance of the Word see them experience all that life is intended to be- acedemically, relationally, and most importantly, personally. The second ministry that I have committed to is called K-Life. One of my sweet sweet friends from home, Lauren Hunter, connected me with the couple leading K-Life in Fayetteville and after meeting with Abbie this week, I knew this was exactly where the Lord was calling me. The idea of K-Life is a lot like ZOE, a ministry I have been involved in the past few years back home. K-Life creates small groups for middle school and high school students in the Fayetteville area which meet every Tuesday night. I will get to lead a few girls in one of those groups and just pour into their lives and learn through them I'm sure! I am so excited about this because I have seen the fruit of oldr women pouring into my life over and over agian and I feel equipped and excited to finally be at the point in my life where I can do the same into younger girls lives.

Besides these two ministries, I have the Lightbearers Discipleship program every week for a few hours and then some sweet time set aside with my roomates once a week as well. I am praying about getting involved in a women's bible study/small group at this point. I am also sooo blessed to have an awesome accountability partner/mentor through Lightbearers and we will also be meeting weekly and digging into the Word!

Today I went to church for early service and got to sit with my new freind from my run the park last week and her husband! I am excited to get to spend more time with Earlene and I am truly blown away by the Lord's faithfulness in just getting to meet her and now how He is just opening the doors to get to spend more time with her on a regular basis running and just haging out with other college kids at events Earlene and her husband put together! What a beautiful story of His provision and faithfulness!




Last night I got to go to my very first Razorbacks game with my sweet roomate Heather and her family. It was defiantely pretty intense but so fun...defiantely a nessecary college expereince! I even learned how to "call the hogs" which is interesting to say the least :)











More to come about all the Lord's been teaching me and a few crazy things He is doing within my family!

Here are a few pictures of my apartment and room.....


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing an update on all that God is doing and speaking to you about... I love how you get involved and want to get plugged in. That is a great quality b/c so many of us never do that. I love your apartment and room!! So cute. Love you!

    ReplyDelete