Monday, March 21, 2011

A Little Pick Me Up

Okay so a few weeks ago when I was hanging out with the precious Shelly Hunter and the kiddos, she offered me a snack that she was giving the kids...I absolutely LOVED it and was so impressed by how she disguised such healthy nutrients into a little tasty, CHOCOLATE pick me up. I got back to Fayetteville and made it in bulk right away so that I would have it on hand. Now around 3 three o clock daily I find myself migrating the freezer. I was struggling so much with bad headaches every afternoon but just eating this little protein-packed delicious snack has eliminated those headaches without taking any meds! SO great!

The Recipe:
Walnuts
Pecans
Pumpkin Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Chocolate Chips

Then, you dump them all into a freezer-size ziplock bag and place the bag in the freezer.

You will be amazed at how good these simple ingredients taste when they are frozen! Then I usually just take out a little bit and put it in a little ziplock or a small dish for my afternoon pick-me-up! It is packed full of protein and yet it is something I look forward to because I am a chocolate addict! It's got it all really! It is a perfect snack for the kiddos too!


You can make as much or as little as you want. You can also add differnt nuts/seeds. I tried adding peanuts and it is pretty good, but they dont taste as good frozen as the other nuts.

I buy all of the nuts/seeds in bulk at Trader Joes, Sams, or Costco because they are so much cheaper that way and obviously, in the freezer it lasts awhile!

Enjoy! Thank you Shelly Hunter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment