Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Precious Memories

I know I am a little bit behind, but last week my big sister Ashley Luster got to come down to Fayetteville to spend some sweet time with her sisters...and me! :) It was so fun to get to show her my home away from home. We got to see my apartment and meet a couple of my roomates. Of course she graciously shaped up my eyebrows because I refused to leave until she did! One of the biggest disadvantages to moving so far away would probably be losing my personal eye-brow plucker...oh and I guess I kinda miss the girl herself too :)

Then we were going to go to this little hole in wall for lunch called the Little Bread Co but it was closed--sad day. So enstead we tried out a place neither of us had been which was literally in a dungeon! haha. Okay no, but seriously you had to walk underground into a basement basically. It was a fun little hamburger joint. Ironically, neither of us actually got a hambuger. Ever since daddy King said that hambugers were the ONE food you should literally never eat (unless you make it at home on the grill) I have not been able to do it! And I guess Ash hasn't either. But we shared a big basket of homeade fries and they were delicious.

I am so blessed to get to have a big sister who just knows me better then I know myself more often then not. I am so thankful for her years of wisdom and her honesty. Even when it hurts! Hurts soooo good, I guess you could say. It was refreshing and uplifting to have sweet conversations about just doing life with Jesus...and just praising His faithfulness and His sovereignty admist season of much inconsistency and change. Even admist her gift of lovingly wounding me.

The next day my precious roomate Heather and I got to go meet up with Ash for coffee and just chat some more about the precious Jesus that we get to love. The two them gabbed for ever about love and marriage and courtship and life as a wife and all of these wonderful things about marriage that make my brain hurt and make me realize just how NOT ready I am for my husband. I loved getting to watch Ash retell her and Anthony's story; the hand of the Lord just envelops thier love...and thier story.

Then me and Ash got to road trip back to the Lou together...sort of. It was quite an adventure---exhausting! I did have fun packing a special snack bag for us.
  • Some Munchies...our favorte roadtrip food that we always get whenever we drive far away. She eats the cheese things, I eat the bread things and we pick through the pretzels; one thing neither of us enjoy.
  • Some of Shelly Hunter's fabulous nut mix.
  • Some bananas and grapes; delicious and nutricious.
  • Some yummy chocolates for a sweet treat.
All divied up in ziplocks for easy acess while driving of course.

We made a few stops along the way. Several bathroom breaks; my tummy was not feeling good. And of course a stop in Springfield for Ash to stock up on Sinless Pastry---her fav coffee. Then a little-wake-me-up at Panera; coffee for Ash, begal for me. The trip was so fun, minus the rock that hit my windshield which will be getting replaced tomorrow. Dislike to trucks on the highway.

By the end of the trip, we were getting SOOO sleepy so Ash tried to teleport us home; sad to say, it failed.

1 comment: