Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wrestling to the Hope

This week has been full of wrestling for me. Wrestling through midterms and a final. Wrestling through relationships. Wresting through God's timing. Wrestling through making connections and networking with new people for the Campaign. Wrestling through the physical pain from a bad fall I took earlier this week. Wrestling through plans for the summer. Wrestling through finding joy in suffering. Wrestling through my role in God's glory. Wrestling through my role in various commitments and positions in minisry. Wrestling through my brokenness for these girls who are enslaved as I write this. Wrestling through my frustrations with the church. Wrestling through a season of loneliness. Wrestling through what is permissible verses profitable. Wrestling through safegaurds in my life. Wrestling through fruit-bearing admist the pain. Wrestling with valnurability and pride. Wrestling with the unexpecteds of life. Wrestling with my flesh, as always. Wrestling, really just fighting, kicking, crying, boxing, gut-punching it out with the Lord.

Usually when I write, I wrestle through my past hurts and heartaches, lessons and truths, which I have aleady walked through and come out of. To me, the entire purpose of wrestling it out on paper is to end with HOPE. Hope in Jesus. The hope which fuels my faith, the hope that enables me to plow through the muck and mire of life. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb. 1:11

Today, I write in the midst of the muck and mire, yet all the while knowing that through it, though the pain and suffering, through the confusion and chaos, through the wrestling match...the HOPE to which I cling breathes LIFE, as everything else seems to drain it out. So here I am, admist the muck and mire, wrestling it out, yet knowing each step of the way, that wrestling match has already been fought and the victory has already been won...that is the HOPE that I have, the assurance of my salvation. I have HOPE in the wrestling because I know who wins. He already WON! When it hurts, when I want to give up, I remember...He already endured the pain, paid the price, made the sacrafice, won the battle, and the victory is WON!

Exodus 14:14 promises, "The Lord will fight for YOU! You need only to be STILL."
Thank you Jesus. I hope in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment