Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Idea Camp

I am sitting here working on a new blog (coming soon!) specifically devoted to human sex trafficking and this new campaign I am just beginning. But I thought that I would take a minute to share about The Idea Camp. Tomorrow and Saturday I am so incredibly blessed to get to attend this conference devoted to fightng for the orphans of this world. This includes orphans who need to be adopted, orphans who are trafficked, orphans who need our help! This is an incredible oppurtunity for me to hear from and network with people who have had a vision to do SOMETHING and actually seen it come to pass! Many well-known and highly accredited  men and women are coming from around the country to pour wisdom and experience into lives of people broken-hearted and ready to see SOMETHING done for the plight of the fatherless,but really not knowing where or how to begin..

It is completely in God's beautiful sovereignty that He has provided this oppurtunity for me to be apart of this conference so I have no doubt that He is going to teach me and break me and give me eyes to see and ears to hear and allow me to make some connections and gain so much wisdom! I am already preparing to stand in awe of his faithful army of believers who are prepaing to gather this weekend and see to it that His name is proclaimed and that practical help and freedom from chains of enslavement are provided to these orphans.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." -James 1:27


Check out this video:

ICDC Behind the Scenes from The Idea Camp on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment