Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blindness

Why is it so easy to take up that yoke of slaver that once so entangled my life? Why is it that in the midst of stress, confusion, or isolation that little tap at the door becomes stronger? Next thing I know, the door is busted down before my feet. I stand. Afraid to move. Taking a step back to get a better view of the mess before me, I realize mending the door will take effort. Afterall, it is cracked, chunks are scattered. Like a puzzle sort of. Putting it back together will take time. And work. Lots of work. Not to mention, picking the door back up...putting it back on its hinges. I don't even know how to do that honestly. Doubtful I could even muster the strength to lift it on my own. Though they do call me a hauss. Yet this seems daunting.

So here I stand. Afraid to move. Or intimidated by making a move. Yes afraid. The other option, then, if not to stand here all day would be to take a step back. Away from the door. Away from the mess. Away from the overwhelming feelings of guilt and shame which overtake me as my eyes glaze over what lays at my feet. Yes, that sounds good. Much easier then the alternative. Less work too.

Taking a step back from the mess my life has become, the lingering anxiety lessens a bit. This feel good. Yes very good. Another step back. The little pieces are no longer visible. Less overwhleming. Good. Another step back. The light is dimmer back here. I see the door on the ground, but everything else is a bit hazy. Another step back. I can barely make out the rectangular shape. Just a little light lingers where the door once stood. One more step back. I'm lost in darkness. Entangled by the very sin that knockd the door down.

I look around for someone, anyone, to help loose these ropes and chains binding me. To get them off. Anything. I need relief. Oh why did I come back this far? I didn't mean to! Really. I just couldn't face that door and the mess it placed before me. But now, well now that door doesn't seem so scary. The fact that I look around, yet see nothing--now that is scary.

"But whenever anyone turns to the LORD, the veil is taken away. Now the LORD is the Spirit and where the Spirit of the LORD is there is FREEDOM. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the LORD's glory, are being transformed into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the LORD who is the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:16-18

"The god of this age has binded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Chris, who is te image of God." 2 Cor. 4:4

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you this morning on my way to work before reading this... I love you Courtney... your God is for you, who can be against you?... Muah! xoxo

    ReplyDelete