Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Then Just A Hobby?

I have been told a few times lately that I should start a business. I LOVE scrapbooking! I would even say it is more then a "hobby." I really, really love every aspect of doing it, especially when it is for people close to me who I love and who I know will enjoy it.

I know NOTHING about business honestly. I wouldn't even know where to start! How do you get the word out? How do you price things? Do I scrapbook actual books for customers, pursue cardmaking, do special frames that are scrapbooked? How do I market? Price things? How do I even know if people would actually pay money for that? What if its a total bust?

I enjoy it so much because it is personal. When I choose a verse of scripture or a quote or a color scheme, it is because I know the person for whom I'm making it will love those details. How would I pursue more creating for more people, yet maintain this personal aspect to the creation which is what makes me so passionate about doing it to begin with?

Hypothetically, if this whole business thing ever did work out, how incredible would that be to be able to use the profits to further the Kingdom?! I've been thinking about it a lot actaully. It could help fund a home for the girls enslaved to human sextrafficking with a desire to get free. It could fund missions around the world. It could be used to bless my Potter's House girls' families. And without a doubt I would give a percentage to Mercy Ministries. Wow. Never thought of how the money could be used in all of these ways. Lord, give me wisdom and guidance in how to pursue this if it is something you desire for me to do.
Could this really become more then just a hobby?

1 comment:

  1. Yes it could be more than a hobby!!! You have a talent girlfriend! Juli's sister in law does craft fairs a lot and sells a bunch. I love yoU!

    ReplyDelete