Saturday, January 29, 2011

He Redeems

What began as an attempt to express some of my frustration in a situation this week, in a semi-productive way, turned into this:


Sir,

With every ounce of my being, I want to hate you. Utterly detestable, like the scum you pull up from the shower drain. That’s what I see when I look at you. The worst of the worst, the most perverted of the sick. My flesh wants to take you on. Bring it. To jump right on you and slam my fist into you nose. To punch you right in the gut. You deserve death. You deserve to suffer great pain and horror, then you deserve nothing more then death. Yet do I deserve any better?

That is what you’ve caused them. Ever think about that? Have you ever thought about them? The ones behind the faces? Why do you avoid her eyes? Do her cries for relief not phase you? I guess her body is greater to you. Greater then pleas uttered from her lips or the tears pouring forth from her sunken in eyes. Do you know how you worship a temple? A created thing, an idol, a false god? Her body…it is a temple. You scum, you dirty bulldozer. You, with all your might, you pound your steel upon her shimmering exterior.

Once, twice. She is bruised, banged up a little. Her paint is scratched. A chunk, missing from the wooden door, the glass of the window cracking a bit. Three, four times now. Her shimmer is gone. Her color is drained. It seems the darkness is setting in over the noonday. Five, six. You’re not the first. You plow through as the trembling wall comes tumbling down in your wake. But you don’t even take a glance, no you don’t look back. Obviously, you won’t be the last. Seven, eight. An entire side exposed. No protection from the storm, nothing to cover up the holes. Nine, ten, eleven, twelve. You come again, One, with a few more. Room for all, all for one. Another wall cries out as it collides with the concrete floor, clashing and crashing. Oh the pieces. You look no more. What once was whole now is scattered, all of the pieces shattered. On the outside, what a sight she was. All glowy and flowy. But now she lays before you, Sir. All tattered, busted, screaming for her, it’s the only way she dissuades your lure.

Get out, get out! You tell her now. Get out of this brain you’ve infected somehow. You walk, you move, anything to numb the stain that you cannot overcome. See, I tell you now, avoid her eyes, you man of scum. You will not live but death you cannot overcome. I want to punch you, slap your check. Yet, He tells me, He’s the only one who can redeem. You? Yes. Somehow, even you are chosen to be clean.
Although you wash yourself with soda and use an abundance of soap, the stain of your guilt is still before me. -Jeremiah 2:22
Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool. Isa. 1:18
Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. Isa 55:7
I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.
Isa. 43:25
I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isa. 44:22
This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Zechariah 7:9

He heals. He redeems. Even my prideful, arrogant, selfish, judgemental heart. Praise HIM!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment